Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Clash of Life

There are times and days that make you pause. Some times it can be bad news you hear. It can be something that turns your life upside down. It could be some harsh criticism that came your way through no fault of your own. It is at those times that I have to stop and collect my mind. My mind is usually going in all directions and never pausing to hear my stop warnings.

You are what you think. Well, if that's true I could be a bowl of mess. My thoughts can be so disjointed and on those days so rattled that it is difficult to make sense of anything.

Today was one of those days. I hate death and dying. I do not like to be separated from anyone whom I love. I do not like knowing for sure that nothing can be done. I do not like losing dear friends or family to disease. Why can't they figure out how to cure cancer? What seems to be the problem? How many more people have to die from this dreaded illness. I know there have been major breakthroughs and I'm thankful for those. I just don't like losing another person then another. I know they may be old. Who cares? They still have beautiful souls that laugh and love others. Isn't that good enough?

I know that God works in all things. I realize that life is about toil and troubles that may come your way at any time. I know that pain and separation are a part of life.

I believe in my higher power whom I choose to call God. All of that is a given. I know people can't live forever or we'd be full. I know people have to get old (not exciting at all). I am sensitive to the fact that the body wears out.

My issue is about a mystery that I may never know. It is about the all knowing ,all loving, all powerful God that is moving and working even as I am writing this post. Why God does the pain have to feel so great. Why does the ache have to hurt through to the soul. Why does it have to happen again and again and again?

No comments:

Post a Comment