Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Emotional Attachment with God

I was just thinking today about how we as human beings seem to attach so many emotions to situations. It is one of the primary ways that humans learn. We may store these emotions for years or just for a day. The problem with this learning is that we attach negative emotions to a situation. It then distracts us from God 's purposes for the situation and for us. We remain out of God's loop on what God desires from us and the situation.

If we can consider leaving the emotions up to God maybe situations would be less traumatic. Our reliance upon God should be for everything. If I can just do that then my emotions would be from God too.

I find myself automatically thinking that a situation is either good or bad by my thinking. However, it is my very thinking that really makes a situation as such. I am going to try to rely on God to determine my emotional take on life. I can do this by not judging myself, anyone or anything. I will leave all of the judgment up to God and Christ at least for one day at a time anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment