Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Thoughts in the Afternoon

It is the afternoon. I am thinking about how little time we have on this earth. I remember all of the people who told me when I was growing up "oh enjoy your youth" or when I had children "oh they grow up so fast".

It is difficult not being a little grumpy about how little time we do have. I ponder the days of our life at times like these. I wonder just how much time I have wasted on "this and that". It seems that "this and that" have been around me for most of my life taking all of my time.

However, I am reminded of what God says to me: don't worry about how much time or days you have. "I will give back to you". I think about Job and all he lost in time and how in the Exodus how much wandering or time it took to get back to God.

When I want to stop time, I can't. All I can do is watch as it passes by me. "All the stars in the sky or the grains of sand" "it will all be yours" God told Abraham. I just want the grains of time and stars of life. God will provide I know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment