Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Life Unfolding

Hi all, I know it has been a while since I wrote anything. I have problems with discipline. I suppose I rebel from all of the discipline I had during my childhood. Anyway, I am thinking today about life and how it unfolds too quickly. For example, it seems as though the more I plan for the future the faster my life goes by. I can just remember what seems like a few months ago when it was the first of the year. Now the year is already 8/12th gone. Oh my!

I am reminded of the time that I worried so much about all of the years of my life that I felt I had wasted. What good had I done? All of the fear that I carried with me wherever I went. Life unfolded and I grew some in knowledge of the Lord.

I remember God's quiet words in my mind saying that even though the grasshoppers devour everything you have the Lord can give back in multitudes. It gave me such hope. Now hope is the assurance of things hoped for and the conviction of things not seen. I remember also fondly those words I learned from my children's Bible memory at the Heiskell School.

Oh how I miss those days of picking up my children from school and doing something fun with them each day. Some days it was just going to the mall to take Kevin to Gamestop. It was so fun and enjoyable just spending time with my children. Life has unfolded into a new time. I can still recall the warm feelings if I have to drive in the vicinity of their old schools. Where did the time go? Life is just unfolding.

Now I am lucky if I get to see my son as he passes by from one room to the next. My daughter calls randomly to say hello and oh by the way do you remember the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon, little boy blue and the man in the moon. "When you coming home, mom?" "I don't know when, but we'll get together then. You know we will get together then!! Life is just unfolding. Life is just unfolding.

1 comment:

  1. I see our faith in action when we respond to our live's unfolding with grace and courage. You do set a fine example, Dawn.

    ReplyDelete