Monday, August 8, 2011

Monday Morning Changes

Well, it's Monday morning hello world. I feel like I am able to start anew today. It is so amazing how renewed and begin again I feel some Mondays. It's the same way I feel at certain times of the year. For me, there are several times that I feel as though I am beginning anew. A fresh new start at my work, my family, life, and so much more. For example, the change of seasons, a new year does that for me, or the birth of a new baby. I get excited again when school starts for all the children. Maybe it is from the change that I feel myself feel renewed.

I do love change. As a Christian, it seems that I am always in a change mode. Look at all of the things that made me who I am today many changes. For example, my Christan conversion. Many people grew up in the Church. They just know the church and have had a relationship with God forever as as long as they could remember. For me, it wasn't that way at all. I went through a conversion to become a Christian. It happened in some ways very fast and in others very slow. It was most definitely a "change".

It was all about change. It is the change that God was working in me. It began I suppose when I first enrolled my children in a small Christian school. God began God's work on me then. Through my children ever so slowly God molded me and reshaped me. One day I responded to all of that change going through me when I cried out for forgiveness and confessed to believing something or someone I had no real knowledge of Jesus Christ.

I suddenly felt a feeling of forgiveness that I will never fully be able to explain. God was continuing to change me as I responded to God's grace in repentance and faith. It's interesting that true repentance means change. A new direction for my life was on the horizon. Amen! I desperately needed it. Repentance and faith are the necessary responses to Jesus and His message of the kingdom.

I became gradually in ever way a changed person. Through my repentance and my childlike faith, the saving power and initiative of God was Immanuel to me. God is with us and with me specifically. God became part of my human experience. The rest is history as they say.

When I think today of change, the seasons, aging, time, children, I am reminded of a beautiful song which I love by Stevie Nicks. It's words haunt me at times. It is called "Landslide":

Well, I've been afraid of changing
Cause I've built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Even children get older
And I'm getting older too

Well, I am building my world around God now as God is continuing to change all of us and everything for His divine purposes. God changes ever day as God recreates all things!

No comments:

Post a Comment